After some winter neglect, phase 1 of sprucing up our little garden is done.
Last season we did tomatoes, potatoes, chilies, English thyme, lemon thyme, cilantro, and parsley. After the parsley and cilantro didn’t do well, we added Spanish tarragon, lemon verbena, marjoram, and zatar.
After a rather dry fall season followed by recent rainfall, the Spanish tarragon was thought to be dead. But after clearing away the chick weed and trimming away dead brush, I saw the tarragon fighting for dear life!
The English thyme and lemon thyme remain hearty. The zatar pretty much exploded after the last rain, the lemon verbena and marjoram are also fairing ok.
Added rosemary and basil, once work near the stairs finishes we plan on adding small trellises and getting sweet peas going.